Inspiration

Inspiration

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

New Holiday

Someday there will be a holiday where it is customary to give a bouquet of celery and maybe a nice bowl of ranch dipping sauce!

What about a bowl of fruit?!?!?!

Even better....a bouquet of fruit!  YUM!!!


But...until then we seem to have EVERY holiday revolve around FOOD!  Not just any food...candies and sweets!  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it...but it's so hard to say no!

On Sunday my Mom gave my son, J, his Valentines gift bag of candy.  It included 5 Sixlets packets.  They aren't my son's favorites and he knows I LOVE them so he gave them all to me.  Sweet boy.  Sunday night when I was packing my lunch for work on Monday I asked J to bring me my lunchbox.  He did and I noticed he had tried to sneak one of my Sixlets into the bag.  What a sweet sweet boy.

Monday night J was super excited to give me my Vday gift (thanks Grammy).  It included a bar of Lindt White Chocolate with Coconut.  A flavor I hadn't had before (and Lindt chocolate is one of the few I can have without fear of making my body angry).  I gave J a square and I ate a square and told myself ONLY ONE SQUARE PER DAY!  It was really divine!  A soft sweet flavor, almost didn't know there was coconut in it, just a hint of that flavor.  Perfect.

Then as I was getting J ready for bed there was a knock at my door.  My sweet neighbor brought me homemade cookies (not the same ones pictured above, but similar).  It was very sweet of her...and I did have to sample them that evening (after my workout, of course).
[P.S. To my neighbor if you're reading this, THANK YOU for the cookies!  I really do appreciate it and this post isn't to make you feel bad for doing something nice.]

I might or might not of sampled some of my son's rock jelly beans as I was putting them into baggies for him too...sssssshhhhhhhh.

So....I started my ACTUAL Valentine's Day off right...
My Crimson Red Lips...Red Heart Necklace from my boy, Red Sweater, Red Chocolate Roses for my co-workers, and my PINK Strawberry Shako.  I did not pack any treats for my lunch today (nor did I let my son pack me a treat).  I'm hoping for some strong willpower today.

So...what do you say?  Should we start a new holiday where Vegetable or Fruit Bouquets are expected?  (Personally I would prefer the fruit because I'm not really a Veggie person :)

Hey, one final thought.  If you splurge a little today, BIG WHOOP!  Don't beat yourself up and make yourself feel low.  Start over again tomorrow, it's ok.  I used to not allow myself ANY sweets, but then I would find myself cheating and cheating hard!  A treat now and then isn't going to undo everything you've worked towards.

Just Because....Fitness DOES Matters

No comments:

Post a Comment