Inspiration

Inspiration

Friday, February 3, 2017

Snacks Snacks

STORY OF MY LIFE!  I have a sweet tooth, always have!
As I mentioned before the past two weeks have been super stressful at work.  They brought in lunches for my team and me last week and this week.  Last week, I wasn't strong at all!  After the first day though I thought maybe I'd be weak and give in to the treats...but use it as an experiment (win, win...right?)!

Here are the "treats" I gave myself permission to indulge in last week:

Monday: Cream Cheese Brownie (half) [see earlier post about this particular treat]
Tuesday: White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie
Wednesday: Cherry Cheesecake (small serving)
Thursday: Chocolate Dipped White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie
Friday: nothing
Saturday: Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake

Here was my experiment...weighed myself Monday morning, 136.9, weighed myself the following morning...136.9!  I did my workouts all week, some pretty intense...I ate right (other than the treats) and at least I didn't gain but I didn't loose a single ounce!

Important lesson...while treats aren't bad, we do need to exercise restraint and having a treat everyday isn't in our best interest.  Wednesday this week...I gave in again and had the world's LARGEST lofthouse sugar cookie, loaded with frosting...it looked too good to pass up, plus it was D-Day at work and my stress needed it.  I knew as I was eating it that I shouldn't...but I couldn't help it!  The rest of the week I looked but didn't partake of the treats brought in at work.

Jess Because...Fitness DOES Matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment