Inspiration

Inspiration

Friday, February 3, 2017

Work Stress

Where the HECK have I been?  I can tell you I really would have rather had my brain on this blog that what's it's been on!

WORK!  Oh boy, work.  Work has been INSANE the past two weeks!

Starting last Friday.  Last Friday was my Friday off....but it really wasn't.  I knew that I would get called in (to work remotely, thankfully) to work on a project but thought I would have time to sneak in a quick workout....nope.  I got 15 minutes in, sweating like crazy, and the phone rang.  Darn it!  Thinking I'd only be a few minutes and be able to get back up and finish my workout I sat down and got to work.  A few hours later I realized that wasn't going to happen.  I got pulled into more and more things and then I had to get ready to help at Jerimiah's school.  (And I was back online working from 5pm-9pm too!)

Well, at least I got in a 15 minute workout, better than nothing!

Saturday morning, I KICKED BUTT!  I made up for not getting in a full workout the day before and I could hardly walk by the end of my workout!

I was also super excited to get my T25 T-shirt in the mail!  Actually a T-shirt this time too so I can wear it places, the other shirt I got for 21 Day Fix is a tank, so I wear it workout but not in public.

I fueled up with my Chocolate Frozen Banana Shakology and got ready for the day.  Did up my lips special with Crimson Red and Plum...cleaned my son's bedroom and then off to my sister's for my nephew's 2nd birthday party.

Monday morning with my Shakeology...I was feeling good, feeling ready for the day!  The beginning of my tough week and I was going to start the week and my day right!
P.S. Love my shirt?  I had a dream Friday night and I was wearing a flannel shirt.  I don't own any flannel shirts anymore...then at my nephew's birthday party, both my 2-year old nephews were wearing flannel shirts...we stopped at a store before heading home and I bought myself this flannel!

This night, however, didn't go as planned.  It was a ROUGH day at work!  We're implementing a new operating program at work.  I've been on the team for this transition since June, as such I am one of the two resident "Super Users" in my department (the only one that resides in the same building with my other team members) so a lot of this transition stress has fallen on me!  J came home from school early with a really bad headache.  I got got home after a time tripled commute home from work and he was feeling better but then his stomach was hurting a little, I was exhausted.  J and I both went to bed early...skipped a workout.

Another feeling good morning.  I had gotten a lot of MUCH needed stress reducing sleep.  This morning I did Plum and Crimson Red lipstick and it ended up matching my new shirt PERFECTLY!  With my Strawberry/Chocolate Shako in hand I was ready.

Then the day happened...oh boy was it a day!  After work was piano lessons, didn't get home until nearly 6pm, ate leftovers for dinner, did homework with J, and then when it was time for J to bed I had a stack of paperwork waiting for me at my desk.  I sat down around 8:30pm, I didn't get up from my computer until 10:30pm!  No time for a workout again.  Ugh!  So frustrating because I know I needed it but just couldn't get it in.  I probably should've, because it was hard going to sleep that night.

The rest of the week got better.  Wednesday was D-Day for the release of the new program at work.  Lots of little stuff keeping me busy ALL DAY!  Then I had Scouts after work.  My brain is fried and I really did not want to let my boys down...thankfully they did learn something so that was good.  AND after we got home and J went to bed...I GOT IN A WORKOUT!  YAY for Core de Force!  I felt SO much better after cranking that out!  WHEW!

Thursday night I got a workout in too.  Quick TurboFire.  Not as hard core because I had a late dinner, but I got one in (and my body is paying for it today)!

KEEP WITH IT!  I know that sometimes I'll have a crappy week...schedule, stress, events, etc, will get in the way.  I won't let that define me anymore.  I won't throw in the towel because I missed two workouts....though, I used to.

I NEEDED this inspiration this week.  Get up and back to it as soon as you can!  You can't do anything about the past missed days, but you can make sure today isn't another missed day.

Jess Because...Fitness DOES Matter

No comments:

Post a Comment