Inspiration

Inspiration

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Roller-coaster of Life

Does your life ever feel like this...or is it just me?

I tell you what, the roller-coaster that is MY life is just insane sometimes!  Are you a stress eater?  Are you a stress NON eater?  I am typically a stress NON eater.  I get so stressed out that I just A) can't stop and eat B) don't stop and eat or C) completely forget that I haven't eaten.  Just like most stress induced habits, these can be difficult, if not impossible, to break.

Personally, I also suffer from (self diagnosed) Situational Stress Induced Insomnia (SSII).  When life gets so stressful even Tylenol PM won't let me sleep.  My brain won't shut off.  I keep replaying conversations (or emails) over and over in my head, replaying them again and again and even responding to emails in my head.

For me this week is one of those severely stress induced weeks for me.  Monday night was the worst for SSII.  Tuesday, was my non eating day.  I didn't eat lunch until nearly 3:30 pm (breakfast for me was 5:30 am).

What do you do when you're beyond stressed and you're at the peak of your roller-coaster ride?  For me I LOVE to do a hard kicking workout!  I love kicking butt and taking names within the walls of my own home.  This week, however, my roller-coaster came during my "easy" week.  Every 3-4 months I take an easy week and pretty much just stick to my walks at work.  I do this rest week for a lost of reasons.  One reason is as good for me as working out is, sometimes taking a break is good for me too.  And, since I can't always plan when HIGH STRESS roller-coaster weeks will happen, sometimes the two overlap and it leaves me in a funk!

I did get a 21 Day Fix workout in on Monday and I'm STILL sore from that workout!  So, I got one good one in this week.

HANG IN THERE....tomorrow will be a better day.  I will make it a better day!

Jess Because...Fitness DOES Matter

No comments:

Post a Comment