Inspiration

Inspiration

Monday, January 23, 2017

Exercising Restraint

This is something hard, especially for me.  I have always had a sweet tooth.  I could sit all day eating nothing but Jelly Beans and be completely content.  Now I have to be extra caution because most sweets have other ingredients which I can't have (or have to eat VERY sparingly) because of food sensitives.

I have found by completely depriving myself it makes everything worse.  When I had to go on an elimination diet having NO sugar and NO lots of other things for 32 days (not by choice, by doctor prescription) I was MISERABLE to be around!  Absolutely horrible!  And I know it!  I didn't want to be around me!

We've got a big project at work that I'm involved in...a HUGE project!  Because of this project a lot of times the office orders in lunch.  Most of the time we have delicious desserts with our lunches.  Look at these amazing Cream Cheese Brownies.  They were HUGE!  I do have to say I was really proud of myself.  I took just a few bites and then I THREW IT IN THE GARBAGE!  I knew if I set it aside to eat later that later would come sooner rather than later and I might as well eat the whole thing.  But if I threw it away I'm not THAT desperate that I would pull it out of the garbage to eat it.  I'm not an animal!

WHY do things that are so bad for you usually the best tasting!  Seriously!  If things bad for you tasted bad and things good for you always tasted good then this would all be a moot point!

Exercising Restraint is very important and something I still struggle with.  I really could have survived today without having any of this brownie, but I decided to indulge myself.  In doing so I set myself a limit and stuck to it.  Moderation.

What's worth it to you to indulge in?

Jess Because...Fitness DOES Matter

No comments:

Post a Comment