Inspiration

Inspiration

Friday, January 20, 2017

Meal Prepping

Meal prepping!  A real life story from a real person.

Whether you prep a week, 2 days, or 1 day at a time it can be difficult and exhausting.  I have a plan of my meals, sometimes I vary them a little but mostly do the same each day.  Using the 21-Day Fix container method has been AMAZING for me!  SOO much easier than calorie counting.

Click here for more information on the 21-Day Fix or Fixate programs.

Here is my problem.  I have my meal plans.  But some items can't be separated and packaged too much in advance (or, I don't have enough containers to do this), so I find myself having to spend time in the kitchen every night putting things together.  Works ok, Monday-Wednesday...but come Thursday night I'm done!  I can't do it anymore.  This is a flaw in my current system I need to fix.  I either need to find items I can prep for a whole week or get more containers or something.  I'm not having to make a decision on what I do or don't need to pack, but I still have to take the action and pack it every night.  I also end up having to do some dishes on a daily basis and that gets annoying as well.

The point is, I'm still trying to hone in my system for what works for me.  And this is just my problem with breakfast-afternoon.  Dinner is a whole different beast!

Breakfast with Shakeology makes things easier too.  I add ice, water, and Shakeology, shake and go.  I drink it on my way into the office.  I usually have another small snack once I get to work (cottage cheese or fruit).  Learn more about Shakeology, the benefits and how to get some by clicking here.

Ok, so back to my issues.  Dinner.  That's a swear word most days.  I try to have "theme" nights.  I find if I always plan something specific (which some nights I do) it comes to that night and I have no leway.

Monday: Spaghetti (this could be alfredo, or a baked spaghetti casserole, or really "Italian" type dish)
Tuesday: Tacos
Wednesday: Chicken/Pork (this never works out because it's a rushed night, this night is in transition, to what? TBD)
Thursday: Either Pizza (if J is gone Friday night) or Chicken/Pork
Friday: Pizza

Having time to make a good meal is difficult.  Plus I have a pick eater!  Yup, and I'm picky myself, which doesn't always work when we're picky about different things.  I haven't ever nailed the dinner prep.  Doing a whole week's worth of meals ahead just isn't my thing.  Having time ahead to do it and place to put them all is difficult.  I have to make a lot of things from scratch too, which is healthier in some ways but takes more time and energy.

How do you prep?  What works for you?  All I can say for sure is I'm going to keep trying new things until I find something that works.  Even if what I find that works only works for a bit, I'll make it work until it doesn't then I'll look for another way.

Jess Because...Fitness DOES Matter

No comments:

Post a Comment