Inspiration

Inspiration

Thursday, January 12, 2017

WHEN To Workout

This is something I STILL struggle with.  I haven't got it all figured out 100% of the time.

WHEN do you workout?  For some it's first thing in the morning.  For others mid-afternoon.  For me, WHEN I workout isn't when I WANT to workout...but I just do it.





MAKING time...I can't tell you how many people have told me that I just laughed at them.  I would say, "It's not that I don't want to make time, I just can't."

I'm going to tell you right now, 95% of the time, I workout around 9pm.  I HATE that workout time.  BUT If it's between working out at 9pm or not at all, I will take what I can get 9pm.


As I've mentioned (and most of you might already know), I'm a single working Mom.  That keeps me so busy.  I'm up at 5am to get ready for work.  I drive 35 minutes to work.  I work 9-10 hours a day, then drive 35 minutes home.  The minute I walk through the door I'm getting dinner ready, cleaning up after dinner, and helping my son with his homework.  My son also has piano to practice.  We have piano lessons on Tuesday after work (and before dinner) which pushes everything later into the evening.  Wednesday nights is Cub Scouts (after dinner, homework, and piano) where I'm a Scout Leader and am in charge of planning activities and keeping approximately 10 9-10 year old boys busy and not bored out of their minds for an hour.  Nightly bedtime routines don't start until around 8pm so I'm going non stop.

Getting up BEFORE 5am just isn't an option.  I just know it's something I can't do.  Sometimes I'll try to get a quick workout in while dinner is in the oven, but most of the time it's go go go until my son is in bed and I can workout in peace.  I don't like to steal time away from spending time with my boy for myself, but sometimes I do.  Once we eat dinner though, it's a minimum 2 hours before I can do a workout anyway, I'm not one that can workout on a full stomach.  When I have the day off work or on Saturdays I try to get a workout in earlier in the day, usually shortly after I wake up.

The worst part of 9pm workouts is I'm amped up!  I have to work to get my heart-rate down and settle myself in before bedtime.  Because I wake up so early I like to get to bed early, but sometimes with working out at 9pm (or later) I don't get to bed as early as I'd like.  But I usually sleep really well after a workout.

MAKE TIME!  It sounds silly and I know it, I've been there, I'm still there...but MAKE TIME!  You'll thank yourself for it later!

Jess Because...Fitness DOES Matter

No comments:

Post a Comment