Inspiration

Inspiration

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Fitness Ups and Downs

I wanted to do a post about some of my UPS and DOWNS over the past year.  (With pictures, not just words)

Feb 3, 2016:  21-Day Fix.  This whole program pushed me WAY outside my comfort zone!  I don't usually do well with meal planning and "calorie counting" and I, honestly, did not enjoy the workouts.  I liked more dancy workouts that kept me entertained.  These workouts really pushed me.  I really felt the burn.  After 1 month of doing these workouts, I wasn't doing anything "modified" anymore.  I was going all out!  I didn't NEED to modify anything anymore!

February 5, 2016:  Meal planning is the worst!  I'm not going to sugar coat it!  But 21-Day Fix makes it easy.  I still struggle because I don't like vegetables and I am a self proclaimed "picky eater" but I found food to eat and made it through.  I try to take weekends "off" but don't go crazy either.
February 12, 2016:  I dove in too fast, this particular day my arches were bothering me (I used to work barefoot) and my knee nearly gave out on me.  I worked out anyway!  I did modifications but I didn't use it as an excuse to slack off.


March 11, 2016: Trying something new.  PiYo.  I am not a big fan of PiYo, but it was something new and I enjoyed it.  Caitlin, a neighbor, supporter, and friend, was teaching live classes in the park.  I went whenever I could.  This day was my son's birthday.  I went while he was at school and we didn't let a little (or a LOT) of wind stop us!  We pushed on anyway.  I could hardly walk the next day but it was amazing!

April 8, 2016:  Total Body Cardio before 7am!  This day was an important day for me.  This day was all about me!  Lots of good and positive changes this day.  I had even treated myself to Cold Stone ice cream that day, and got in a second workout as well.

April 15, 2016:  The day I was INSANE!  I tried out INSANITY!  This workout isn't a joke!  Oh my!  I survived and probably will never do the workout again.

April 29, 2016:  Today I was feeling strong!

May 27, 2016:  Just one day after my 32nd birthday and I'm working it!  We have a park near us that has workout stations.  Occasionally I mix it up, let my son play at the park, and I use the workout equipment.  It's usually very hot and very tiring but a great way to mix up my "usual" routines.

June 26, 2016:  I tried running.  I started a Couch to 5K program.  I listened to music and the app let me know when to jog and when to walk.  I actually was enjoying it.  This was after my first day and it was a beautiful evening!

July 1, 2016:  My grandmother passed away and we went to Iowa for the funeral.  A great excuse to not exercise, but I didn't take the excuse.  I ran at least 3 times in Iowa and it was BEAUTIFUL!  I am so glad I did it!

July 6, 2016:  After Iowa I went on for a little "me vacation" to Michigan (my home state) for a few days.  I took advantage of the opportunity to do something I had never done before.  I ran on the pier and finished my run on the beach!  It was just breathtaking!

July 9, 2016:  Back in Utah, I was hitting the pavement again.  It was around this time that my body had had enough of the running and was starting to rebel.  I decided, again, that running really wasn't for me.

November 25, 2016:  Still going strong!  Day after Thanksgiving, getting in my morning workout before giving myself permission to sit on the couch and watch "Gilmore Girls, A Year In The Life."

December 3, 2016:  Another thing I struggled with was shoes!  Finding the right workout shoes that provided adequate support.  I went back and forth to the fitness shoe store so many times I lost count.  I think I FINALLY found a pair that work.  Finding the perfect shoes is KEY!

December 17, 2016:  Rocking out with a "Sweating Saturday Selfie."  I continued working out 5-6 days a week even through the holidays.  I even did a workout Saturday, December 24th at my brother's house before all the family arrived for our family Christmas party.

January 2, 2017:  I had to start 2017 off right.  I strapped on my new weighted gloves and was ready to go to town.  However, I was also suffering from a pretty nasty cold.  I was so stuffed up I could hardly breath.  Again, another amazing excuse to avoid a workout, but I just did a lower key workout.  I did take the rest of the week off, only taking my walks at work.  Again, I gave my body permission to rest and it was ok.  The following Monday, January 9th, I was back at it hitting the workouts hard.


January 9, 2017:  Started Core de Force program.  It's MMA moves and it's INTENSE!  See that W with my fingers, that's a W for "WOW!"  I was sweating SO BAD and hardly breathing by the end!  It was super intense.  Tuesday morning I had a hard time getting out of bed, I was sore...it only progressed throughout the week and Thursday (today) it's pretty unbearable...but NOT unstoppable!

I want to leave this post with just a few inspirational posts I have found:



Jess Because...Fitness DOES Matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment